Compass High School is a college preparatory program designed for students with Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Dyscalculia, ADHD, 2E, and anxiety. Our experienced faculty and small class sizes provide needed support and accommodations for student challenges. We take pride in helping to identify and cultivate our students’ individual areas of strength.
How We Teach Differently
At Compass, we believe that ALL students learn differently. Therefore, our approach to teaching embraces each students individualized journey to mastery.
- WE believe how you learn is as important as what you learn.
- WE believe that Social Emotional. Learning growth is as important as academic growth.
- WE believe in getting to know each student as an individual.
- WE believe teaching to strengths supports growth.
- WE believe all learning should develop Executive Function and Metacognition.
- WE believe in teaching resilience and actively fostering a growth mindset.
Our program is designed for students:
- that have mild to moderate learning differences
- with language-based reading disabilities that affect decoding, fluency, and comprehension such as dyslexia
- with average or above average cognitive abilities
- with executive function difficulties that may impact reading comprehension, written expression, organization or problem-solving ability
- with mild emotional or attentional difficulties and social skills deficits that do not disrupt classroom learning
- who are considering continuing their educations at a two-year or four-year college